Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Almost time!

Whoa! Where did the last six months go? It's so surreal that I will be leaving tomorrow. I had a busy, but productive day getting ready. Because of the snow on Tuesday, the girls had a 2 hour delay today. It was nice to be able to spend extra time with them before they went off to school. I spent the rest of the morning and afternoon going back to Target for a couple more things and doing my pre-travel house cleanup. I am OCD when it comes to leaving the house in disarray when I'm traveling. It's kind of pointless because I know by tomorrow evening the house will be in complete disarray again, but at least I'll know I left it relatively clean. Whether I come back home to the same level of clean--we shall see! Oh! And I also squeezed in a massage today :) I've had a really stiff neck for the last couple of days, so I figured I should probably try to resolve that before I get on a 10 hour flight where the likelihood of being able to stretch out and get comfy is pretty slim. I did buy one of those J pillows, so I'm excited to see how that works out. I'll keep you *posted.* (See what I did there? Blog humor! Bada bum!)

Emotionally, I'm feeling mostly excited--with a little apprehension and some nervousness thrown into the mix. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling some mommy guilt. Leaving for two weeks did not seem like a long time when I was planning this months ago. However, now that the reality of me leaving has started to sink in for the girls--and some tears have ensued because of it--I am starting to feel some guilt. But I'm trying to keep those feelings at bay and focus on the trip ahead. How amazing that this is all happening? Am I really leaving for Africa tomorrow? I still can't believe how easily this all fell into place!

I will write a post tomorrow about how this trip came to be. I will probably write it as I'm sitting in the airport. I fly from Philly to JFK, then have a 3 hour layover, so I'll have a lot of time to kill while waiting for my flight to Accra. Also, there will be some people reading this who have no idea how the heck I ended up planning a trip to Africa, so I feel like I need to explain that a little more.



No comments:

Post a Comment