Saturday, March 18, 2017

I am happy to say that my first night in Ghana was without any major incidents. My "magical water laser" worked, so I did not get ill. However, I only took baby sips because I was chicken. I assume I would have gotten sick even with baby sips if the pen didn't work, right? Anyway, fell asleep quickly and was having a restful sleep I until about 2:30am, when there was some type of argument in the courtyard. But it scared the living daylights out of me because I was in a deep sleep so was disoriented for a minute before I realized I wasn't about to get kidnapped a la "Taken" and it was just an argument. I was ready to unleash the fury of all the level 1 Krav Maga moves that I have learned, but good thing (for them!) that it wasn't necessary. Other than this small disruption, it was a good night.

Spent the afternoon getting a tour of Accra, including a look at the Parliament division floor (Andrew is a member of Parliament). Then back to Andrews house for some lunch and more time with his adorable kids before I got on a short regional flight to Takoradi, which is the next town over from Sekondi. Got picked up in Takoradi and taken to Manny's family home, where his mother welcomed me "home" 😊. A lovely, welcoming home for the next two weeks.

I am tired (and sttill haven't figured out how to work get on my blog from the iPad, so my thumbs are tired, too), so I am heading to bed. I'm excited to go to church with Manny's mother and see more of Sekondi tomorrow. Oh, and have I mentioned how HOT it is here? I've been one big sweat ball since I arrived, and I'm afraid I will frighten the children with this hair on Monday. But it is nice to be out of the cold and snow. Also, I know that there probably is no scientific evidence for this, but I swear I can tolerate the spicy food much better because I'm already hot! Lol! I'm sure it's all in my head, but so far the food has been delicious and my stomach has tolerated it surprisingly well.

Well, that's all for now. Good night!

P.s. I will post pictures when I can, but because of the spotty connection, it's hard to access them right now. I'll keep trying tho!

The "White House" of Accra, though the President doesn't live there. 

Me in front of Andrew's seat in the Parliament building 

Parliament floor 

MP Andrew Mercer

Independence Park in Accra



No comments:

Post a Comment